Tuesday, November 8, 2011

my messy car

I have been convicted lately over the craziest things and one thing in particular is...my messy car. All of my friends know, I am not a neat freak. In fact I would describe my life as "organized clutter." In the midst of my mess in my car, office, room I know exactly where everything is and if anyone would come in to move things or clean up in the slightest way my "organized clutter" would no longer be organized.

Now in life we are called to be good stewards. In the words of my favorite rapper Lecrae, "If you making money hope you doing it right because the money is Gods you better steward it right." We always think of money when we think about stewardship but I am starting to think about other things. Do I steward my money well, my time well, and my car....No I dont and here's how.

I have a job in which I am always around people. I love hanging out with my friends in Rome, and my co-workers but especially my team. I love the girls I coach and we are frequently going out to meals together and if anyone wants to ride with me...they can't. It's too full...with junk. Recently a girl broke her thumb during practice and I had to rush her to the ER. I had to stop carrying her for second and run to my car and push everything from the front the the back. It took 1 minute that we could have used getting her to the hospital. Next, the team left the ball bag (very heavy for one person) at the gym and one girl who stayed behind had to carry it to the field. And..she didn't have a car. I stopped to give her a ride but there was no where for her to sit. Wow.

My car is from the Lord because "to him and through him and from him are all things" (Rom 11:36). I am called to be a good steward of all things. My car is a vehicle for helping girls who dont have cars, being able to handle emergencies efficiently, and just hanging out with friends to share fun experiences. I am going to clean my car and keep it clean. So I challenge you, what are the things that you are overlooking that you could steward well for the Lord? Mine is my car (and alot of other things) but I will focus on one small thing at a time!

1 comment:

  1. Great post!!! Great question.. definitely got me thinking.. God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete