Friday, April 30, 2010

a small purple book

God has been teaching me so much lately and it has been so encouraging! Today I was really tired because we are on a lax trip and had ridden in a bus all night. I had the option of taking a nap or getting in the word and everything in me was wanting to take a nap. I'm in a room with Kirsti and Sweeney. So all of the sudden Kirsti goes and sits in the desk in the hotel room.

I asked her what she was doing and she just help up a small purple book. I had no idea what that meant so I was like...what? And she said..Its the Bible! I was SOOOO encouraged and it was so easy for me to grab my Bible and start studying also!

The coolest part about this is that it helps me trust the Lord SO much with the lacrosse team! Kirsti just became a Christian this year and it has been so cool to see her and Laura (another teammates) desire change in so many ways, and now they are studying the Bible on lax trips!!!

I know the Lord doesn't need me to grow these girls, and sometimes I still make things about me. I need to trust phil 1:6--"being confident of this that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." I want to be CONFIDENT that God will continue to carry out the good work in these girl's lives. God's glory is so much greater than us! And NOT dependent upon me! This is a huge relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment