Friday, September 23, 2011

my sister

Today is September 23, my sister's birthday so I decided to dedicate this blogpost to our last 21 years together. These things I remember the most from the years we lived together.

She was my very first sister.
She was my very first friend.
She was the first person to physically abuse me(haha).
She was the first person to run me into a column in our house busting my lip and giving me a black eye (example of the physical abuse haha).
She was the first person I pushed off the slide and accidently broke her collarbone (oops!).
She was the first person I hugged and cried to after we almost got into a car accident together.
She's my sister.

Every year for about 8 years in a row from age 4-11 we sang this song at every single church talent show...EVERY YEAR.



We dressed alike almost everyday from ages 3-12 (embarassing) but we dealt with it. And to this day I am still the cute one and she's just my sister.

Lauren and I grew so close since we went to college. Through high school we argued all the time and never got along. We still have tifts but she and I have both grown phenomenally in learning to read each other and understand each other in a way only sisters can. I love her so much! She means the world to me! God has grown or relationship so much and I am so thankful!

Here are some flashbacks from our past:



This is Lauren holding our little sister Anna Kate.



This is Lauren and I have no idea what she is doing...I think she stole the noodle from me!



This is Lauren and I modeling our boogey boards-alittle blurry but this pic is priceless!



I am Jasmine and she is a Cat!! (WHISKERS)



I think this is the first day of school one year. I feel like I can say with confidence that we have both grown in our fashion sense! Thank goodness!!



Lauren and I in high school!



And all of us now!! Happy Birthday Lauren!! Love ya!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the Dulaney girls! God bless each of you!
    Dr Larry

    ReplyDelete