Sunday, August 8, 2010

do you understand the worth?

Just a little something that has been on my heart lately:

"My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures,then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." Proverbs 2:1-5

What does it mean to seek for it like silver and search for it as hidden treasure? What if you had 2000 rocks in front of you, but you knew there was $1,000,000 under one of the rocks. I dont know about you but I would look under EVERY single rock until I found that $1,000,000, I would search for it like silver and like hidden treasures... But why?

Because I know the worth of $1,000,000!! I know that it is alot of money. I know it is worth alot and that I could do alot with it. So what keeps me from seeking Jesus like silver and like hidden treasures? Because I don't truly understand the worth of Jesus, I don't truly understand how GREAT God is. How do I understand the worth and greatness of Jesus? Through his word!

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. Romans 10:17

My prayer is that the Lord would continue to open my heart to His scriptures; that God would allow me truly understand His greatness. I know that I will not be able to understand everything but I pray and pray Christ would be my treasure and one that I seek after DAILY like silver and as I would hidden treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment