Wednesday, September 1, 2010

whistle while you work (cont'd)

1. Read the blogpost after this one.

2. Read this blogpost:

And here is a perfect example of how I am a ridiculously amazing whistle blower. Tonight at practice..after blogging about the dreaded whistle...we had one drill left and you'll never believe what happened. First, here is what we're working with:

Notice..the tip guard on the end. It's just a little thing slipped on the whistle..I like it, because I chew on it..I doubt thats what its for though. Well, it caused me a slight problem tonight during practice. In the very last drill, we were about go so I started my normal "Ready, set, ...'insert whistle blow here'" -That's the norm, but what happened was slightly different. My ready, set was perfect and right when I was about to whistle, the tip guard blew off the whistle(probably loose from me chewing on it) and I blew a huge thing of air and nothing happened. As a good coach would, I kept my composure, a serious face and continued with the drill...YEAH RIGHT. I laughed soooo dadgum hard, because I was caught sooo offguard!!! Of course, my laugh caused everyone to laugh..and I was laughing so hard..I couldnt blow the whistle a second time. Man, it was great. Laughing in front of my team..some might see as a sign of weakness...I see it as just a fun time. I am the best coach ever...and yet I still hate whistles.

1 comment:

  1. Bahahahaha!! This made me smile! That is so great that you're not one of those coaches who takes herself too seriously! :) Thanks for sharing this funny story! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete