Thursday, March 31, 2011

its not about me.

I learn more and more that I make the gospel about me. I am so selfish! I think about..how can I be more humble, how can I be better at seeing my sin, etc. All of which includes "I". Today in my journal this is a conclusion I came to: Instead of asking how can I be more humble (focus on me), yearn to see the greatness and grandness of God (focus on Him) in which it wll cause me to fall to myknees in humility. Check motives: not because I want to be more humble but because I long to know more of the God who created me, died for me and loves me. I pray that God would change my heart to yearn to see Him more. Through seeing the cross and the greatness and grandness of God I will see more of my sin because He was sinless, I will fall to my knees in humility because I am unworthy of a God who did so much. It's not about me. It's all about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment