Saturday, March 5, 2011

sacrifices

with all relationships come sacrifices. I have been experiencing a few lately. It's actually my biggest crisis. See I have this friend...best friend actually, her name is Amy Jessee and she is getting married! So fun! But this requires a MAJOR sacrifice for me....wearing HEELS!

With our beautiful bridesmaid dresses she would also like black open toe heels...my first thought: BEAUTIFUL! my second thought: PANIC!

So you may not know me but knoww this...I NEVER wear heels..I wear flipflops and tennis shoes, yup thats about it. And yes I was a sorority girl. With being a sorority girl there is this thing called Pin Attire day. Every Tuesday we were required to wear really cute clothes aka skirts/dresses + you guessed it...heels. So what did I do... I wore heels...kinda: I would take my heels, put them on my feet, walk two feet out the door and then take them off to walk to class and just hold them in my hand. Yes, I was that girl. The one who walked to class with heels in hand. The one who wore flip flops to every sorority formal and semiformal.

But now the day has come, to walk gracefully down the aisle of my best friends wedding, wearing fabulous heels. So how will that be graceful? Well Im thinking practice makes for semiperfection, so I bought my heels yesterday and I plan on trying to wear them whenever I am in my house, to make my breakfast, clean my room, go out to the car, etc and maybe...just maybe Ill get the hang of these things!

Like I said, with relationships/friendships come sacrifice..and this is definitely one I am willing to make!! Haha, I think of it as more of an adventure!

1 comment:

  1. so funny! you crack me up! you'll be great... no worries. :)

    ReplyDelete