Thursday, March 10, 2011

ode to the po-po

I hate policemen...and for all the wrong reasons:
1. They pull me over.
2. They scare me a little bit.
3. They are most of the time really mean to me all the time.
4. I always feel like Im doing something wrong when I see them.

Ok, totally stupid reasons because I guess there are reasons for all of the above:
1. Im speeding or not wearing my seatbelt.
2. They are supposed to be intimidating.
3. I was speeding/breaking the law.
4. I am doing something wrong...aka speeding, etc.

Haha..There is repetition that I should learn from. With all that said..I havent had great experiences with the po-po. I think I have gotten 4 tickets and a warning (ridiculous, I know). I have cried hard at some..and some I've handled like a champ but the result is always the same...a ticket.

But yesterday I had an experience with a policeman that I have never had before. Yesterday my wallet and purse were stolen...dont ask me how bc its a ridiculous story. I had 3 credit cards...my credit card, my debit card, and the SCHOOLS credit card..HUGE ISSUE. So I had to file a police report in order to fix this. I called the police and they sent a cop to my house!!!! I answered the door and he just came in and we sat at my kitchen table! He was the nicest guy ever! We talked and laughed..(because when telling him what I had in my wallet, I said..."a Staples Rewards card"...and he was like...I dont need to know that). It was a good experience. So this is my ode to you, Mr. Police officer. Thank you for allowing me to see that yall are funny and nice and real people who are cool! I know you have a job to do and you do it well!

So yes, it stinks that all of that was stolen, but that morning God placed this in my path:
The truth is, what we call interruptions are precisely our real life, the life God is sending us day by day-CS Lewis
While I may see "stolen wallet", God sees "a way to cause me to trust Him more." This is real life, day by day. God has his hand on all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment