Thursday, June 17, 2010

jaja boniques

Last night, I went to hang out with one of my best friends Jordan Newberry. Our freshman year though we gave each other nicknames. Hers= Jaja Boniques. Mine= Megan Malpoopoo. Don't ask, but this definitely defines our friendship. God has brought our friendship SO FAR too!! We lived together freshman year and hated each other, but at the end of freshman year, we bonded HUGELY--Jordan hadn't taken her medicine and I was writing a paper on Beauty and the Beast, and we just connected through stories!! So Awesome--we've been great friends ever since!

So last night we decided that we wanted to rent Toy Story 2 and watch it, so we went to Blockbuster. We got Toy Story 2, three boxes of candy and I got popcorn and a drink bc I don't love candy! So we check out and the man says: You should get another popcorn and drink and it will be cheaper. WE LOVE FOOD so of course we went and got more but I started thinking..this guy didnt tell us the price before...he could just be getting us to get more for more money!! But we did it anyway, and ended up getting 8 items for 11$! WOW! The movie was $5 so really we got 7 things for $6! (butterfinger, two popcorns, two drinks, three more things of candy!). Just think:

Cost for 2 Movie theater tickets: 15.50
Cost for 2 drinks+2 popcorns at a theater: 15.50
Cost for 3 things of candy: 10.00
Total: 41.00

COST FOR TOY STORY 2 + OUR GOODIES: 11.00 (We definitely got the better end of the deal!)

We ended our night with another classic Harriet the Spy! A movie that absolutely changed my life as a kid. I went from an ordinary kid to a kid with a mission, I was the best spy ever. I read ever Nancy Drew book, got spy gear every Christmas and probably drove my parents nuts!!!

Pictures of me and Jaja Boniques from freshman year: We were Awesome. No doubt.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your nice comment!! I'm following your blog now. I really enjoyed going through your posts and reading them. I especially liked 'A Small Purple Book'. I thought that post was an incredible reflection of our incredible God!!! :) May the Lord bless you in your ways! Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to ask, I've been wanting to bring my time studying the Word up a level and I wanted to ask you, how do you study the Bible? Have a blessed Friday and a wonderfully wonderful weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete