Monday, June 14, 2010

montana..the way home

Just got back from Montana and yes it is 3:36am, but I just had to share this fascinating tidbit with everyone!!

As I was boarding the flight from Denver to Atlanta some very interesting things happened. I was there with a big group but of course our seats were scattered through the plane. They called to board rows 1-4 and my seat was 4c. So I definitely felt like I should board. I headed to the desk...Im the only one headed there and I hear the ladies behind the counter murmuring something like this:

Lady #1: Oh here she comes.
Lady #2: Yeah, she's military.
Lady #1: Ma'am, are you military??

--Now don't get me wrong..I am wearing a PC sweatshirt and purple Darlington Basketball shorts...How the heck do I look militarily??? haha

Me: Ummm no ma'am, I thought you said rows 1-4.
Lady#2: Oh yes, right ahead.

Weird. But gets funnier. I sit down, get situated and as I am a man passes by me and he looks soooo excited!!! He looks at me and says:

Man: DID YOU SAY YOU WERE IN THE MARINE CORPS????
Me: haha no sir...Im not.

HAHAHA WHAT IN THE WORLD!! I hated to let him down, I should have just said yes and told him I just got back from being stationed in Montana in platoon 32 or something made up! But wait the trip gets better. So I decided to do a little quiet time in the plane. I pull out my Bible and start reading it and studying it. When Im finished the man next to me starts talking to me.

Man: So, I see you are reading the Bible and stuff.
Me: Yes Sir!
Man: So are you going to school to be a nun or something??
Me: Haha, no sir, its just a really big part of my life!

OMG!!! In the time of an hour, I was confused as a member of the Marine Corp and a nun!! What a fun ride back.

Note to readers: Just because you read the Bible doesn't mean you are destined for nunhood.

Can't wait to update you on the trip to Montana!! Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!! That is so crazy! lol Thank you for being a witness of the Gospel of Christ. Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete