Monday, June 7, 2010

montana

Alot has happened since I have last blogged. I have really spent a period of wrestling with the Lord, learning to trust in him in all things and finding joy in who he is and the Lord is so GRACIOUS. A verse I have been praying for myself-- "Restore unto me the joy of your salvation" Psalm 51:12 and the Lord has totally been doing that!!

Within the past two days, these things have occurred. I got to talk to one of my recruits (by the way we are up to 7 girls!!!) that is definitely coming to Shorter. We got to have a gospel conversation in which she was able to say: Yeah I really want to know more about God and it is really helpful that I know that I can talk to you about these things. AWESOME!! PTL (Praise the Lord!!) This conversation excited me about sharing the gospel and telling her of the good news of Christ!

Yesterday I left for Montana. This trip has been hard for me. I do not feel known, none of the girls understand what has been going on in my life for the past few weeks but it is so comforting to know that we are known by the Lord and that he gives us everything we need always (phil 4:19). On the plane, I sat by a women who wasn't supposed to sit by me at all, we talked about the Lord and who he is and I got to lay out the whole gospel before her. She said she had never heard aything like it. She thought we had to earn God's love and work for it. NOT TRUE!! Thats the good news! I have no idea whether she asked Christ into her heart, but she asked GREAT questions and has a better understanding of what the gospel is. Her name was Sarah!

God really is restoring to me the joy of salvation: in myself and in others. You can be praying that my trip here goes well: that Shorter University students grasp the gospel and start to live it out on the campus of Shorter and on their athletic teams. Help me to be open with the girls who are my age, and continue to be bold with the gospel. I'm studying 2 Timothy:

"Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day."-2 Timothy 1:12

I want to know the God I love and serve. I want to know whom I have believed. I want to guard the gospel that the Lord has entrusted and fan into flame the gifts God has given me in order to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment