Sunday, July 4, 2010

4 fun memories of the 4th

Happy fourth of July! Every 4th of July I have been in VERY different places and experienced funny things for some reason each place: we'll start four years ago:

July 4th, 2007--I was in the back of Andrew Hawkins' pickup truck with Becca Hayter, Mitchell King, and others from the Leadership Project in Myrtle Beach. We were headed to the beach to watch fireworks when all of the sudden we were REAR-ENDED!! Keep in mind we are in a pickup truck so we look at the driver and he just looks at us and shrugs holding his hands up as if to say- "I have no idea what just happened"--we just laughed and continued to the beach for the fun.

July 4th,2008--In South Africa with Campus Outreach. What a cool place to celebrate the 4th of July! I skyped my mom to tell her to have a great day and this was how the conversation went:
Me: Happy 4th of July Mom!!
Mom: Happy 4th to you too Brittni! Do they do anything special in South Africa to celebrate the 4th??
Me: Mom...the 4th of July isn't celebrated here...it's independence day for America...
All of my friends(I remember specifically Ashton and Brinck): Wow...now we see where Brittni gets everythingggg... haha!

July 4th, 2009--Again in Myrtle Beach, Lauren Snyder and I wanted to share who Jesus is with someone on the beach. I've talked to alot of people about jesus but I have never EVER had an experience like this before. There is a woman sitting by herself and we decide to talk to her. This is how it goes:
Us: Hey how are you!?
Woman: WHAT DO YOU WANT?
US: Oh, Sorry no, we are actually with a Christian group and we were just hoping to share with you something we have been learning.
Woman: Oh, ok, I guess..
So anyway, the conversation went on and on and on. But it got weird. We asked her what she thought about sin and she said: "Oh, I KNOWWW what sin is! You don't even wanna know how I sin...Oh boy, you would be in for a treat!" And we were like...oh boy..no no we dont have to hear specifics. But then her husband walked up and it was like a light switch as if they were putting on a show: She went from being what seemed like the roughest hooligan who sinned constantly to an angel!!
Woman: Oh yes, the Lord is so good, and its so great what you girls are doing. You guys need to keep going all over the world talking about this, because we definitely do!
---I can't give justice to this conversation but it was by far a strange experience, I just don't have enough time to tell you all about it.

July 4th, 2010--In a new place, with new people, and new experiences. Went to a new church to try it out, went to lunch with a couple of girls I've just met, and now am at the pool with my family. Later, I will probably head to see some fireworks with some friends (friends that I am just now getting to know). I'm praying that God will continue to grow these friendships, and continue to provide in the ways he knows I need.

1 comment: