Thursday, July 29, 2010

what JFJ means to me...

JFJ. Three letters=three words. Funny thing is...only six girls know what JFJ stands for (7 including Kate's mom.) So what is JFJ? JFJ is a group of six girls. A group of six girls that I hold dear to my heart. Six girls who shared their lives together and followed each other while we all struggled to follow Jesus. This is what JFJ means to me:

Abbye-I have learned sooooo much from Abbye, her humility and her love for others. She fights for others to know Jesus and has a HUGE heart. From Abbye, I've learned that as a leader of others we must be the "lead-repenter", showing our imperfections but also showing that we bring them before the Lord as he sees us as flawless. She is amazing at reading people, knowing them and meeting their needs. She truly is a servant at heart!

Amy- my roommate, my friend, the person I love to sing in the car with! Amy loves it when I have one small piece of hair hanging in front of my face, she notices the small things and I love her for it. She is so gentle and so kind and so genuine. She is also one of the most encouraging people I know! She challenges me with thought-provoking questions and I really just enjoy spending time doing nothing with her!

Ashton- Ashton is tough love! We've both agreed. Philippians 4:2,3-that's the relationship Ash and I had. We had to agree with one another in the Lord, because we just don't always agree with each other and we used to never get along. But now I can say that she is one of my very best friends. Through her tough love she pushes me to know Christ in all things. She helps me remember my freedom in Christ when my mind seems to be so legalistic sometimes. It makes for alot of fun and alot of laughs!

Bekah- I have always looked up to Bekah, she is so beautiful and so wise! We always had a surfacy friendship until JFJ and now I love her more than anything! She is really great at grounded me and seeing through my emotions, allowing me to think rationally. She always wants to hear how I am doing and about my life which shows me how much she truly cares about me. She always asks great questions about theology and more. I feel like we relate in how we see the gospel..and how we don't see and understand it all the time but yearn to all the more.

Kate- the one who always reminds me that being emotional is ok. If it weren't for Kate I wouldn't have made it! I am an emotional person and Kate and I are very similar in that way. We definitely need others to help us think through our emotions and not let them rule us but I am so thankful that Kate was always real with us and was never afraid to tell us how she was feeling. She always has so much insight and such a loving heart.

So what does JFJ mean to me? Knowing more of Christ through living life together with these 5 girls. What it stands for...readers you may never know. But if you have a chance, share your life with the people around you, don't be afraid to go deep, don't be afraid to mess up. Cling to Jesus and follow Him. I love these girls and miss them so much! They will never know how much I learned from them!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment. It really has opened my eyes a lot more! Thank you for your prayers as well!! They are so appreciated!! I really enjoyed reading this post as well. : ) Have a really blessed Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete