Wednesday, July 21, 2010

caution: fears may lead to extreme action

So for the past week I have been in Florida working a lacrosse camp at Stetson University. The camp was fun but it's over now. It ended at 12:00pm but my flight doesn't leave until tomorrow so I had to get a hotel room...by myself...for the first time.... I guess this is something I need to get used to since I am going to be going on recruiting trips and will have to stay places by myself. But this was a first for me. So I was scared...of course. Me and my irrational fears aka my terrible imagination!! So my night has consisted of this:

4:15 pm--Walked next door to Denny's (also a first for me). I tried to get an early dinner so that I could get back to the hotel as fast as I could and lock myself in.

9:00 pm rolls around and I want to go on a jog (probably because I feel like this week all I have done is eat and watch other people run around playing lacrosse) but sure as heck I am not going outside. Because Im afraid to run alone. So I have a great idea to go jogging in my hotel room. So I did for 45 minutes straight. I ran from sink to door, door to sink, sink to door, door to sink. I think the weirdest part was that everytime I ran toward the sink I was also running toward the mirror which was funny because half of my run was me watching myself run...haha. I was able to take 8 steps in each direction. But by the end, I counted and I was taking 10 steps each way which means I must have slowed my pace. I also definitely built up a sweat! haha!

I am very thankful for the rules at the Leadership Project (you must be accompanied by a boy after dark), because I could have used a partner tonight. Running back and forth over and over and over really made me wonder why in the world I thought it was a good idea, but hey-makes for a good story I guess!! haha.

Ps. Also this week, I was playing lacrosse with the counselors and was playing defense when my girl missed the pass so it came through her and hit me right in the throat! Totally caught me off guard! Right in the jugular!! First, it hurt. Second, it was sooo weird to have a swollen neck the next day. Third, that would happen! Lol.

2 comments:

  1. only you. that's all i have to say about this entire post. only you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should have changed it up and did a stretch of 3 feet down the side of the beds and then back to the mirror or sink. just saying.

    and yes.... only you. ha

    ReplyDelete